Trusted, high-quality advice on party wall matters
We have over 30 years experience dealing with Party Wall Matters both under previous legislation and the 1996 Act.
We undertake the role of both Building Owner and Adjoining Owner’s Surveyor together with the role of Agreed Surveyor on many types of projects where notice is required including providing initial advice to potential Building Owners on the requirement or otherwise for notices, how the process can be effectively and economically managed and how to ensure that matters proceed without unnecessary dispute.
If you are planning to undertake building works, we can advise on:
- Which neighbourly interests fall within the scope of the Party Wall etc. Act.
- Establishing ownerships and preparation of Notices
- Administering the legal requirements of the Act
If your neighbour is planning to carry out building works we can advise on
- Your rights under the Party Wall etc Act.
- If you choose to dissent from any Notice received, accept an appointment from you to administer the legal requirements of the Act including agreeing the terms of an Award.
- Ensure controls are in place to minimise the risk of damage to your property.
- Monitor the building works and identify any damage to your property.
Notice under the Act can come about in various ways but the most common form of notice is where an organisation or individual is planning to excavate within 3 metres of an Adjoining property/structure and to a lower level & depth of existing foundations, where they are intending to make use of an existing Party Wall/Party Structure for their own purpose or where it is intended to build on astride the boundary line between the land of different ownerships to an extent greater than projecting footings only.
We can provide initial advice on all aspects of Party Wall Legislation and thereafter provide the impartial role of Surveyor under the Act in the event of disputes arising.
Further Building Surveying Services
Building Surveys, Pathology and Defects Diagnosis
Professional building surveys, pathology and defects diagnosisDiscover More
Licence to Alter
Cirpro Limited is frequently called upon to advise on alterations proposed by Tenants and Leaseholders.Discover More